Monday, February 4, 2008

Marking Period 3 Calender

February
Week of February 4-8
4: Continue forming calendar for blog, Comment on blog
5: Calendar due, email mentor formal update report. Begin typing game questions. Email mentor midterm project.
6: Continue forming and typing game questions. Materials needed: computer
7: Continue forming and typing game questions. Materials needed: computer
8: Continue forming and typing game questions. Materials needed: computer. Comment on blog
Week of February 11-15
11: Begin typing activity cards. Materials needed: computer
12: Continue typing activity cards. Materials needed: computer. Comment on blog
13: Continue typing activity cards. Materials needed: computer
14: Continue typing activity cards. Materials needed: computer
15: Continue typing activity cards. Materials needed: computer. Comment on blog. Email mentor
Week of February 18-22
18: No school
19: Print activity and question cards on CAD color printer. Cut out all cards using paper cutter. Comment on blog
20: Print all character cards and game instructions on CAD color printer. Cut out cards using paper cutter.
21: Begin laminating all question, activity and character cards and instructions. Take picture of progress. Comment on blog
22: Begin cutting out packaging for box top, bottom and cardboard insert. Materials needed: Cardboard, ruler, box cutter. Email mentor
Week of February 25-29
25: Fold and construct packaging box top and bottom. Insert cardboard piece into box bottom. Take picture of progress. Materials needed: Cardboard cut outs, hot glue
26: Begin construction on game boards. Cut out cardboard, bind cardboard together with duct tape. Cover with colored paper. Materials needed: Cardboard, tape, glue sticks, box cutter, scissors, paper. Comment on blog
27: Continue construction on game boards. Continue cutting out cardboard and paper as necessary. Materials needed: Cardboard, tape, glue sticks, box cutter, scissors, paper
28: Begin putting game boards together. Materials needed: Cardboard, tape, glue sticks, box cutter, scissors, paper
29: Continue binding game board halves together using duct tape. Then, continue covering the boards with paper. Take picture of progress. Materials needed: Cardboard, paper, tape, glue sticks, scissors, paper. Comment on blog. Email mentor
March
Week of March 3-7
3: Complete construction of physical boards. Take picture of progress. Plot game board graphics on 20” x 20” paper. Materials needed: Plotter, computer, paper cutter.
4: Continue plotting the needed 4 game graphics. Materials needed: Plotter, computer, paper cutter. Comment on blog
5: Begin plotting graphics for packaging top. Materials needed: Plotter, computer, paper cutter
6: Finish plotting graphics for packaging top. Begin cutting out all plotted pieces. Materials needed: Plotter, computer, paper cutter
7: Begin to attach graphics to board game and box top. Take picture of progress. Materials needed: Plotted graphics, game boards, box tops, spray adhesive. Comment on blog. Email mentor
Week of March 10-14
10: Complete attaching graphics to board games and box tops. Materials needed: Plotted graphics, game boards, box tops, spray adhesive.
11: Put all materials inside each game box. Complete any necessary aspects of the game.
12: Begin working on press release. Materials needed: Computer
13: Continue working on press release.
14: Continue working on press release. Materials needed: Computer. Comment on blog. Email mentor
Week of March 17-21
17: Insert images onto press release. Materials needed: Computer. Comment on blog
18: Complete all work on press release. Materials needed: Computer.
19: All construction must be finished. Press Release due.
20: Annual Military Inspection. Email mentor
21: No School
Week of March 24-28
24: No School
25: No School
26: No School
27: No School
28: No School
April
Week of March 31- April 4
31: Begin compiling mentor contacts. Comment on blog
1: Continue and finish compiling mentor contacts. Comment on blog
2: Create outline for Formal Progress Update.
3: Formal Progress Updates begin. All Logs due. Mentor Contacts due.
4: Formal Progress Update.
Week of April 7-11
7: Formal Progress Update.
8: Formal Progress Update.
9: Formal Progress Update.
10: Formal Progress Update. Last day of marking period 3

14 comments:

SG said...

I am in the process of creating my question cards. I have already typed up approximately 50 cards. Today, I sent the progress update in an email to my mentor.

SG said...

Today, I finished typing all questions. I also finsihed typing all activity cards. I am ahead of schedule and I plan on buying materials tonight so that I can begin construction of the rest of the project.

SG said...

Today, I am working on lining up the backside graphics for the activity and question cards. This will make it easy to print the cards because the front and backs will line up.

SG said...

All question and activity cards are printed. I am in the process of cutting all out with the paper cutter.

SG said...

All question and activity cards are printed. I am in the process of cutting all out with the paper cutter.

SG said...

I have fallen a little behind because I have been absend Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday due to illness. I plan on doing any necessary work at home to catch up. I have printed all the question cards and all of the activity cards are laminated.

SG said...

Today, I am back in school and am working on the construction of the game boards.

SG said...

Yesterday, I got my question cards back from being laminated. Now, I will use the paper cutter and scissors to cut them all out.

SG said...

Today, I am continuing to cut out my question cards using the paper cutter down in the lab.

SG said...

Today, I was not in class due to NJROTC meetings for AMI. Over Spring Break, I plan on continuing any work I am able to do at home.

SG said...

First day back from spring break, either today or tomorrow, I plan on e-mailing Ms. Green my final designs. I am still cutting out the food pieces and placemats.

SG said...

First day back from spring break, either today or tomorrow, I plan on e-mailing Ms. Green my final designs. I am still cutting out the food pieces and placemats.

SG said...

Mentor contacts are complete. Over the weekend I plan on working on lamination of the remaining game pieces as well as the construction of the remaining game boxes.

SG said...

Presentations are complete. My project is complete except for the plotting of the graphics.